May your days be merry and bright. Yes, for the third consecutive day, the market finished green; all four major indices did.
$SPY climbed higher and retested the previous 55-day high of 470.65 before closing at 470.60. The next milestone will be at 473.54--the current 55-day high.
US markets are closed tomorrow for the Christmas Holiday.
- Today: 9 of the 11 sectors finished with positive gains. Consumer staples (XLP) and Real Estates (XLRE) didn't get the memo today.
- Best sector: Consumer Discretionary, for the second consecutive day, up 1.39% at 203.19. Hint: $TSLA.
- Worst sector: Real Estates down 0.30% at 49.94.
- VIX continues to stay below the 20s. It's down another 3.60% closing at 17.96.
- Crude oil /CL climbs 1.44% at 73.80.
- TNX gains 2.47% at 14.93.
- TYX gains as well 2.58% at 19.05.
- $SPY gains almost 3 points (0.62%) closing at $470.60; higher than the 30-day simple moving average and the 9-day exponential moving average.
- Relative strength index climbs 3 points to 57.94; a few points away from our 60.35 resistance marker. Now this worries me, as this may be a signal of a modest pullback on Monday. Let's wait and see.
- Volume continues to decline today to 55M; a couple of millions down from yesterday's count.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.