Energy sector takes the front seat amid bullish market - Daily Observations 17 March
Energy sector takes the front seat at up market today
$DJI +1.23% | $NDX +1.16% | $RUT 1.69% | $SPX +1.23% | $VIX -3.75%
- 11 sectors finished green today.
- Best sector: Energy +3.44%.
- Laggard sector: Utilities + 0.42%.
- VIX -3.75% to 25.67 from 26.67.
- Crude oil /CL +8.65% to 103.26 from 95.04.
- 10-year Treasury Yield +0.18% to 2.19.
- 30-year Treasury Yield +1.06% to 2.49.
- $SPY +1.25% to 441.o7 from 435.62.
- 8-day SMA at 426.13 | 21-day SMA at 430.30 | 30-day SMA 435.41 | 200-day SMA 445.84.
- Relative strength index up to 51.34 from 48.96.
- Volume down to 101.97M from 144.95M.
I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.
Do your due diligence if or when placing a trade. All ideas stated here are my own and do not represent trading or investment advice.