First Trading Day of the Year
- Today: Only 5 of the 11 sectors finished with positive gains for the first day of the year.
- Best sector: Energy gains 3.15% to 57.25.
- Laggard sector: Materials declines 1.32% to 89.41.
- VIX continues to stay below the 20s. It's down 3.60% to 16.60.
- Crude oil /CL declines 0.24% to 75.90.
- TNX up 7.67% 16.28.
- TYX gains as well 5.83% to 20.16.
- $SPY rose 0.58% closing at $477.71; higher than the 30-day simple moving average and the 9-day exponential moving average. 55-daily high continues to be at 473.54.
- Relative strength index rose to 62.95; higher than our 60.35 resistance marker.
- Volume oscillates to 72.5M in contrast with 52.8M last Friday.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.