Daily Observations 31 December
Last trading day for 2021 ends with major indices all red at the end of the session.
Last Trading Week - Friday
- Today: 6 0f 11 sectors finished the day green.
- Best sector: Consumer Staples.
- Worst sector: Communication Services.
- VIX continues to stay below the 20s. It declines 0.63% to 17.22.
- $SPY declines a quarter of a point closing at $474.96; higher than the 30-day simple moving average and the 9-day exponential moving average. 55-day high stays at 473.54.
- Relative strength index declines to 59.28; south of our 60.35 resistance marker.
- Volume rose to 65.2M in contrast with 55.3M from yesterday.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.