Mind the gap. You can thank politics and the uncertainty of the Covid variant Omicron. Sunday night already ruined the ending for me; I saw /MES tumbling down the rabbit hole down north of 50 points.
I already knew I'll be listening to The Boomtown Rats piano intro at the end of Monday's session. If you're not following where I'm going with this, then go Google it.
- Today: All 11 sectors are red
- Best sector: Consumer Staples down 0.65% to 74.71
- Worst sector: Energy down 1.24% to 53.01
- VIX climbs higher in the 20s for the second time up 6.03% to 22.87
- Crude oil /CL is up 0.63% to 68.66
- TNX is up 1.21% to 14.19
- TYX is up 1.71% to 18.49
- Mind the gap. $SPY gaps down in today's session closing at $454.98.
- Relative strength index continues to decline to 38.98 lower than our 44.66 support. If you've been following us, we raised the question last Friday if we will see a continuation of decline? The answer has been delivered today
- Volume declines to north of 106M compared to last Friday's north of 135M.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.