Daily Observations 29 December
Modest gain on hump day. All four major indices finished green today.
Last Trading Week - Wednesday
- Today: 8 of the 11 sectors finished with positive gains.
- Best sector: Real Estate gains 0.61% to 51.47.
- Laggard sector: Energy declines 0.64% to 55.70.
- VIX continues to stay below the 20s. It's down 3.36% to 16.95.
- Crude oil /CL adds 0.68% to 76.50.
- TNX up 4.19% 15.43.
- TYX gains as well 2.63% to 19.53.
- $SPY rose 0.13% closing at $477.48; higher than the 30-day simple moving average and the 9-day exponential moving average.
- Relative strength index gains to 64.15; higher than our 60.35 resistance marker.
- Volume oscillates to 52.8M in contrast with 47.2M from yesterday.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.