Ukraine invasion and inflation still the top news on week 7 - Daily Observations 14 February
Ukraine invasion and inflation still the top news on week 7
$DJI -0.50% | $NDX +0.10% | $RUT -0.46% | $SPX -0.39% | $VIX +5.56%
- Sectors upended with Energy finding itself at the bottom on Monday's session.
- Nasdaq is the only green today.
- Crude oil expected to climb to $100 per barrel if the invasion occurs.
- Check out our daily and sectors notebooks.
- 2 of 11 sectors finished green today.
- Best sector: Consumer Discretionary up 0.58%.
- Laggard sector: Energy slid 2.33%.
- VIX gains 5.56% to 28.22 from 27.36.
- Crude oil /CL gains 2.03% to 94.99 from 93.10.
- 10-year Treasury Yield gains 2.10% to 2.00 from 1.96.
- 30-year Treasury Yield gains 1.95% to 2.30 from 2.26.
- $SPY slid 0.35% to 438.90 from 440.46
- 8-day SMA at 447.47 | 21-day SMA at 446.60 | 30-day SMA 453.57 | 200-day SMA 444.22.
- Relative strength index slid to 41.85 from 42.55
- Volume slid to 115.10M from 153.06.
Week 7 Earnings:
- 14 February: ANET CAR | ZD
- 15 February: ECL MAR | ABNB AKAM AYX CF DVN RBLX WH
- 16 February: ADI CROX KHC SHOP WING | AMT APP CAKE DASH FSLY FSR H KNBEMRO NVDA
- 17 February: AN BAX HRL PLTR POOL SO SWI WMT YETI | DBX LTHM ROKU
- 18 February: DE DKNG RNLSY
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.