Biggest draw down of the year
$DJI -1.07% | SPX -1.94% | RUT -3.30% | NDX -3.12% | VIX +17.03%
- Today: All 11 sectors finished bright red today.
- Best sector: Material down 0.01% to 90.52.
- Laggard sector: Real Estate down 3.23% to 49.48.
- VIX inches closer to the 20s. It's up 16.97% to 19.79.
- Crude oil /CL gains quarter of a point to 77.18.
- TNX gains 2.22% to 17.05.
- TYX gains as well 0.53% to 20.88.
- $SPY declines 1.92% closing at $468.38 breaking down the 55-day high support of 473.54. Additionally, closing price is lower than the 9-day EMA of 473.23 and 20-day EMA of 470.40.
- Relative strength index retreats to 45.41 from 62.58 of yesterday. Will it breakdown our 44.66 marker tomorrow? I certainly hope not.
- Volume rose to 99.8M in contrast with 71.1M yesterday.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.