Daily Observations 09 December
Market performance. Sectors performance. SPY snapshot.
- After three days of partying, someone--or something--pulled the plug off.
- We observed all major indices are below zero except for the Dow Jones Industrial which was green for some part of the day and flatline at the checkered flag.
- The Russell 2000 was caught without a chair after the music stopped in today's session down 2% and some change.
- VIX rebounds 8.44% to north of 20 at 21.58.
- Crude oil /CL down 2.47% at 70.58.
- TNX down 1.46% at 14.87.
- TYX down 0.48% at 18.66.
- Green light red light for the SPDR sectors day. Only two managed to pass the line green.
- Best sector: Consumer Staples up 0.27% at 72.96.
- Worst sector: Consumer Discretionary hint hint TSLA down 1.73% at 203.57.
- SPY retreats after seeing the immediate resistance of 470.65 (55-day high).
- Relative strength index continues to bend south.
- Volume is down again for the fourth consecutive day.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.