What a roller coaster ride today. Another reversal at mid-day.
Technology sector gains half a point percentage. $DJI -0.38% | $NDX +0.17% | $RUT -1.38% | $SPX -0.15% | $VIX +2.57%
- 2 of 11 sectors finished green today.
- Best sector: Technology gains 0.50% to 152.30.
- Laggard sector: Real Estate slid 1.66% to 46.08.
- VIX gains 2.57% to 31.96 from 31.16.
- Crude oil /CL gains 1.76% to 87.11 from 85.23.
- TNX gains 3.65% to 18.48 from 17.83.
- TYX gains 1.78% to 21.67 from 21.29%.
- $SPY slid 0.25% to 433.38 from 434.47.
- 10-day EMA at 445.65 | 20-day EMA at 454.93 | 180-day SMA 463.65.
- Relative strength index moved down to 17.87 from 18.45.
- Volume gains to 184.35M from 163.34M.
Week 4 Earnings:
- 24 January: HAL, IBM, LOGI
- 25 January: AXP, GE, IVZ, JNJ, LMT, MMM, NEE, RTX, VZ, COF, MSFT, TXN
- 26 January: ADP, ANTM, BA, FCX, KMB, T, CCI, DRE, INTC, LRCX, LVS, NOW, STX, TSLA, WHR, XLNX
- 27 January: ALK, CMCSA, DHR, DOW, FLWS, LUV, MA, MCD, MO, NUE, SAP, SHW, TROW, XEL, AAPL, MDLZ, TEAM, V, WDC, X
- 28 January: CAT, CL, CVX, PSX
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.