Investors turn to staples such as Pepsi, Coca-cola, Colgate amid inflation and imminent invasion
$DJI -0.68% | $NDX -1.14% | $RUT -0.92% | $SPX -0.72% | $VIX -1.28%
- US markets will be closed on Monday for Washington's birthday
- Only Consumer Staples sector finished green today.
- Nasdaq, S&P500, and Dow Jones Industrial average down for two straight weeks.
- Only 1 of 11 sectors finished green today.
- Best sector: Consumer Staples +0.18%.
- Laggard sector: Technology -1.01%.
- VIX slid 1.28% to 27.75 from 28.11.
- Crude oil /CL slid 0.08% to 91.68 from 91.76.
- 10-year Treasury Yield slid 2.03% to 1.93. from 1.97.
- 30-year Treasury Yield slid 2.64% to 2.25 from 2.31.
- $SPY slid 0.65% to 434.23 from 437.06.
- 8-day SMA at 443.79 | 21-day SMA at 443.95 | 30-day SMA 449.32 | 200-day SMA 444.70.
- Relative strength index slid to 40.69 from 41.91.
- Volume slid to 115.10M from 153.06.
Week 8 Earnings:
- 21 February: SSL | APA WMB
- 22 February: DNUT HD HSBC M | A PANW SPCE
- 23 February: IHRT JACK OSTK TAP | BIRD BKNG EBAY HTZ NTAP
- 24 February: AMT BABA DISCK DOCN KDP MRNA NKLA SIX W | COIN CVNA ETSY INTU MNST OXY PING VMW ZS
- 25 February: FL NOG TREE
I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.
Do your due diligence if or when placing a trade. All ideas stated here are my own and do not represent trading or investment advice.