Quiet markets with modest gains and losses.
$DJI -0.16% | $NDX -0.12% | $RUT +0.14% | $SPX +0.09% | $VIX -5.45%
- No big swings today.
- NVDA had their earnings after market closed today. Price was still trending sideways at 254.60 at around 4 P.M. CST.
- Energy sector bounced back today after two days of losses.
- Roku reports earnings tomorrow. We observed some bullish movement the last couple of days--SMA8 crossed over SMA21 and still above it. They are currently down 29.25% for the year.
- Walmart also reports earnings tomorrow. We observed the stock still trending below the 8, 21, and 30 moving averages. It is also way below the 200 moving average. The price is down 7.71% for the year.
- 9 of 11 sectors finished green today.
- Best sector: Energy up 0.81%.
- Laggard sector: Communication Services slid 0.70%.
- VIX slid 5.45% to 24.30 from 25.70.
- Crude oil /CL slid 1.62% to 90.58 from 92.07.
- 10-year Treasury Yield up 0.10% to 2.05.
- 30-year Treasury Yield up 0.13% to 2.37 from 2.36.
- $SPY gains 0.11% to 446.60 from 446.10.
- 8-day SMA at 447.16 | 21-day SMA at 445.24 | 30-day SMA 451.48 | 200-day SMA 444.52.
- Relative strength index slid to 46.41 from 46.12.
- Volume slid to 84.05M from 88.66M.
Week 7 Earnings:
- 14 February: ANET CAR | ZD
- 15 February: ECL MAR | ABNB AKAM AYX CF DVN RBLX WH
- 16 February: ADI CROX KHC SHOP WING | AMT APP CAKE DASH FSLY FSR H KNBEMRO NVDA
- 17 February: AN BAX HRL PLTR POOL SO SWI WMT YETI | DBX LTHM ROKU
- 18 February: DE DKNG RNLSY
I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.
Do your due diligence if or when placing a trade. All ideas stated here are my own and do not represent trading or investment advice.